Monday, May 10, 2010

Time

Here we are a week of May already gone. There are so many things happening so fast that sometimes it is hard to keep up. I'm not complaining though, not at all because it is all worthwhile and, in reality, there is minimal drama or conflict. I am just trying to stay a step ahead in the game.

So what's been happening you may ask. Oh, where to begin. As you may or may not know, I am a co-director for Girl Scout day camp at Howdy this year. That is almost a frightening proposition as I can barely plan my way out of a paper bag. However, those that put me in charge are confident in my ability to pull this off so who am I to argue? I am not alone in this by any means. The committee of people involved in Howdy Day Camp is extensive. We are all volunteers after the same goal: providing a safe, fun-filled week of camp to some 250 girls. Our theme this year is Camp Howdy All-Stars. We are focusing on lifelong fitness and nutrition which is so important to young girls these days. Planning is going well and things are falling into place nicely. Our first leader training is this Saturday. After that, I am sure time will fly by even faster than it already is.

Spring softball and soccer have come to an end. Nothing exceptionally noteworthy to report. I played on two soccer teams, the Macropods and SMC United (Soccer Moms). We really didn't win a lot on either team, but when you play D5 your there for the fun of the sport not a trophy at the end. Softball was about the same. Nothing really remarkable, just having fun with the sport.

Ryan's soccer team, however, had a great spring season. They were champions of the regular season and won the final tournament. They are a great group of boys. Ryan plays goalie and mid fielder. They allowed only 1 goal the whole season. His team will move up to U12 in the fall. That will bring on some new challenges for them. It will be an exciting time.

I am still a regular bootcamper and runner. Although, running has taken a bit of a backseat to everything else the past couple of weeks. My fitness routines have landed me a new "job" so to speak. I am now a certified personal trainer. What does that mean? Well, I sometimes fill in as the lead instructor for bootcamp sessions and I have two "clients" that I train in small group. That's pretty fun because I get to make up the workouts for my clients. No, I am not going to quit my day job. This is just something I can do on the side, earn a little extra cash and help people meet their own fitness/weight loss goals.

Okay, so I am going to sign off for now. I'll try to come back more often.

No comments:

The Lovingshimer Family

The Lovingshimer Family
Christmas 2007